Bhutan, the country with a unique philosophy of measuring “Gross National Happiness” instead of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), has a new goal: To be the first 100% organic nation.
Interesting that for a country without wealth and modern education, they are extremely forward-thinking.
More on Bhutan’s pledge to be an organic nation here: http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=40,11126,0,0,1,0
- Bhutan Converts to 100% Organic (sustainablebusiness.com)
- Bhutan aims to be first 100% organic nation (straitstimes.com)
- Bhutan Pledges to be First 100% Organic Nation (commondreams.org)
- Bhutan’s Agriculture Industry Goes 100% Organic (chimalaya.org)
- Is This The World’s First 100% Organic Nation? – 24 October 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)